Followers

Monday, January 2, 2012

Lime Crime and Makeupbee Collaboration (Part Two)!

This is my second installment of Makeupbee's collaboration with Lime Crime cosmetics.  Today's look is done using primarily the "Empress" magic dust eyeshadow.  So here's the look!



What I used:
Lime Crime's Eyeshadow Helper
Lime Crime's "Empress" magic dust (which I used wet on my eyelid and blended it up dry from my crease)
Kat Von D "Redemption" shadow (in outer v and on top of liner)
theBalm "Promiscuous Pearl" shadow (highlight)
L'oreal Carbon Black Lineur Intense
L'oreal Voluminous Carbon Black

Lips:
Lime Crime "Coquette" lipstick

I'm very pleased with the way this look turned out.  I think if I needed to choose one type of look to do for the rest of my life it would be something like this because it's colorful but it's not overwhelming.

I am really liking the Coquette lipstick.  I really think it's an excellent nude color for me.  It reminded me a bit of MAC "Myth" lipstick, which I love. 


 I know this is hard to tell how the colors compare because of how little "Myth" I have left haha

 The swatches:
As you can see, "Myth" is much closer to my skin color than "Coquette"

And on me:

"Coquette" is on the left "Myth" is on the right.
I really prefer the way Coquette looks on me.  I don't feel as though I need to top it with anything.  With Myth, I feel like it's just a touch too close to my skintone so I always layer something on top of it.

The lipsticks cost $16 from Lime Crime, MAC are $14.50.  I do love my MAC lipsticks, I really really do.  But I just LOVE the color of Coquette, I smelled it when I first opened it and it smelled like a lipstick.  Then I applied it and it smelled funny.  It's not horrible or anything but it's not something I want to go sniff, it's not a pleasant smell.  The color applied smoothly and opaquely and I didn't have any issues with it drying out my lips at all.  And if you check out Lime Crime's website, they have a ton of super unique colors.

Now, the packaging... is not for me.  I know some people LOVE Lime Crime's packaging but it is just not my thing.  This is not a lipstick I'm going to want to whip out in public.  There's a holographic unicorn on my lavender lipstick tube.

As I said, though, some people LOVE this packaging and that's fine, to each their own!  So would I repurchase Lime Crime's lipstick?  Maybe.  I really like the color.  However, if I could find a very similar color at MAC, I'd probably go for that.

This is how my package came (though the products were protected by lavender tissue paper):
So cute!  I can appreciate the effort and uniqueness of the packaging, it's just not my favorite.  I prefer more sleek, subdued containers.


Here's the Eyeshadow Helper (retails for $17):



This product really is great.  It REALLY intensifies the color of the product.  Check out my Lime Crime Collaboration Part One to see swatches of shadows over this versus other primers.  It really makes a big difference.  I definitely think I'd repurchase this, as long as it doesn't dry out at all.


The lipgloss (retails for $17):


While I like the effect I got using this gloss (the color is "Kaleidoscope"), it just took me way too long to get my lips neat looking.  And it was a very sticky gloss.  I don't care for sticky glosses.  I'd pass on these but if you don't mind sticky lips and like lip colors that are out of the norm, then take a look at these.


The magic dust eyeshadows (retail for $14 each):

"Medusa" and "Empress" both swatched over the eyeshadow helper

I think these both are really pretty colors!  I really do.  I like how they're not as metallic as other loose colors I have (like the NYX Ultra Pearl Mania) however, I don't feel that they're special enough to justify spending $14 per shadow.  I mean, if you have the extra money to spend on this, go for it.  I just think there are similar products that you can find for less money.

So all in all, I LOVE the primer, like the lipstick, and would probably pass on the shadows and lipgloss.

*Also, after a comment I received on my last Lime Crime post, I do feel I should at least address this.  I am not here to spread gossip but I don't feel like I'd be being honest with you if I didn't at least put this in here.  There has been speculation that Lime Crime repackages TKBTrading products.  I did quite a bit of research and nowhere could I find proof of this.  But you can feel free to google it or check out this link if this is something you're against and draw your own conclusions:

So I hope that helps someone out there!  Thank you to both Lime Crime and Makeupbee for allowing me to be part of this great collaboration!!!

13 comments:

  1. Coquette is very pretty on you! Yay for purple! You should so do a tutorial on your winged liner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very gorgeous look! I agree that the lipstick does look great on you, and the packaging for me; some who loves all cute things, does not appeal to me either, haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore this look. Your eye look incredible when you wear purple!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous as always!!

    I laughed when you said you wouldn't want to pull that lipstick out in public because it has a unicorn on it.....that's actually the ONLY reason I want to buy anything from this brand, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn girl, why you gotta go and do such an epic purple look? Now I have to try and live up to this sexiness. Seems I'm the last one invited to the LimeCrime party, lol. I don't know how I'm gonna match up to all yall's incredible looks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Toshia: maybe I will sometime! If I can ever figure out how to zoom in on my eyes a little haha.

    @Ashii: Thanks! I agree, I know some people love it but I'm not one of them!

    @olgiepolgie: haha I LOVE purples! Sometimes I think I wear them too often!

    @Roselyn: thank you!

    @Angie: haha! I know some people love the packaging and that's cool with me! I'm glad you like it!

    @Meredith Jessica: um... like you'll have ANY trouble doing better than this haha.

    @Pilar: thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. :) we ended picking out the same shades

    ReplyDelete
  8. I looove purples on you! And I need Coquette in my life NOW! I don't usually like wearing nudes, but that one is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just stumbled across your blog and I love how intense and vibrant your colors are!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Cari: that's so funny. Great minds think alike ya know.

    @Ronnie: I LOVE nudes but I have to say I think this is my favorite one.

    @Tiffany: Thank you!

    @I Bleed Pink: Aw, thank you so so much!!

    ReplyDelete