Followers

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Black smokey eye inspired by Kassie from Unique Desire!

If you've been following me for a while, or even for a day haha, you'll know I have a thing for smokey eyes.  I just love them.  Black, grey, brown, purple, green, blue, I've even done oranges and reds before, I just love them all.  So I saw a look that Kassie (from Unique Desire, which you can check out by clicking on THIS LINK!!) did a while ago and I fell in love with it!  So I decided to do a look kinda like hers today.  I changed up the glitter location (so my look wouldn't be exactly like hers) and the lips (she used the silver glitterati Violent Lips in hers).

So here's what I did:



Kassie, you have to teach my how you got your glitter to look good on camera!!!


 I haven't done a goofy face in like a hundred years so here ya go haha
    To do this look I used:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
NYX Jumbo Eye pencil "Black Bean"
NYX "Black" shadow
Inglot 376 M (a matte grey)
NYX "White" shadow (which I've been super disappointed with!  I have to work really hard to get it to work for me)
NYX "Silver" glitter liner
MAC Blacktrack Fluidline

Lips:
MAC "Myth" lipstick
MAC "Right Image" Cremesheen glass
L'oreal Voluminous Carbon Black mascara

I hope this makes you proud, Kassie!  And I also wanted to say that I'm up to 300 (well, 302) followers!! Yay!!  Thank you all so so much for following me and any comments made are SO appreciated!  I'm trying to figure something out for a giveaway to do soon...  I just have to think about it a little more!!  Thank you all so much for checking this out!!!

21 comments:

  1. This looks hot!! And I love Kassie's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!!! I'm so jealous of your eyebrows, love the shape, they look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. girl your blending is outta this world. I love this look on you, you have the perfect eye shape to pull off any look :)

    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, I love your eye shape.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning! You do an amazing smoky eye.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it and I love the little add of glitter =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is really beautiful :) love the glitter

    ReplyDelete
  8. BEAUTIFUL!! You NEED to do some video tutorials! How do you create such perfect shape to your shadow?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ditto on the video tutorials.....your crazy neighbor can help, LOL. Considering you are taking pictures of yourself, I am honestly amazed at how well they turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGOMGOMG I am soooo flattered Sonja!!! Ack this look is AMAZING!! You did a perfect recreation of it! I LOVE LOVE LOVE!! And I totally know what you mean by NYX's white being a let down! The first white I bought was perfect but the second time I bought it, it was soooo disapoiting! I never use it anymore.

    As for the glitter(I know what you mean by how its so hard to photograph!) I actually ended up using a silver eyeliner kinda as a base for the glitter so it would pop more and have some more dimension. And I usually use a flash and natural light for photography. I hope that helps :D

    Gosh I cant get over that you did a look inspired by me!! eeeekk *nerdy giddy moment* xD

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great eye makeup, I'm a big fan of the smokey look. Love the glitter too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Leticia: Thank you! I know! I love her blog too! She's VERY talented!

    @Amanda Lehrke: Thank you! Haha my brows are not like this at all without makeup. Not even a little bit.

    @MaviDeniz: Thank you! Honestly, just a plain winged liner really doesn't look good on me at all haha, my eye shape just doesn't like it.

    @Amber: Thank you so much!

    @olgiepolgie: Thank you!! I just love them!

    @Nars Cupcake: thank you!

    @Cris: Thank you so much!

    @Miranda: Thank you but I have to credit Kassie for the glitter!

    @smashinbeauty: Thank you!!!

    @Lindsey0901: I actually have been playing around a little bit with the video on my camera seeing where my lighting is good and what faces not to make on camera haha.

    @Carrie: Man, that neighbor of mine sure is crazy haha! Thank you so much!!!

    @Kassie: you don't know how happy I am that you're happy!! Thanks for the tip on the glitter! I'll have to get myself some silver liner too. You're the best and super talented so I'm so glad you like it!!

    @Charlotte Sparkle: Thank you soo much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Smokey eyes looks very good on you! :))

    ReplyDelete
  14. Btw....your flawless brows totally inspired me to go out an buy a brow kit. Never have I ever paid any attention to my brows, but I realize I should because it really sets off and frames the color i put on my eyes. Hubby came home and was like "wow"!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all your look you are just AMAZING!!:)

    ibeauty85.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just have to say I LOVE YOUR BLOG! You do some really different makeup and aren't afraid of colour! I'd just like to ask what blush your wearing in this, and what foundation? Could you post the Face and Blush colours you use more often as well please? I want to buy whatever your wearing because your skin looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete